Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail
Points of Interest
© 2016 Lichfield & Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust
Historic Mill known as Bunnings, Bullins or Cappers Mill. Research by Bob Houghton suggests there was a Mill on the site in 1705 and may be mentioned in the Doomsday Book.
Bob’s document on Whittington Trades History lists millers from 1753 when Thomas Capper was the first miller, up to 1921.
Now converted to a private residence.
Private property - no access
Distance from Catshill
Distance from Huddlesford
Bunnins (Cappers) Mill
South of canal
Photos: The condition prior to building work in 2003. The water mill at Mill Farm is the only original building and dates back 150+ years.
View this area on the O.S. Map from 1883
By courtesy of the National Library of Scotland